The Prescient Securities Postgraduate Scholarship has been established to provide support to Honours students from a historically disadvantaged background, who will register for full-time study at the University of Cape Town, in one of the following (or related) areas below
Application Deadline: 15th March 2017
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): University of Cape Town, South Africa
Eligible Field of Study:
- Management Studies (encompassing both Accounting and Actuarial Science)
- Statistical Sciences
- Preference will be given to black South African citizens.
- Applicants must have achieved at least 65% for the final year of a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must be accepted (or provisionally accepted) by the academic department.
Selection Criteria: The successful candidate will be required to:
- register for full-time study in the relevant department;
- comply with University’s approved policies, procedures and practices on postgraduate funding;
- repay to the University of Cape Town the value of the award should he/she deregister or if satisfactory academic progress is not made, or if any of the conditions of award are not met;
- meet with the sponsor of the scholarship with view to undertaking employment with Prescient following completion of his/her studies, and
- provide regular reports on the study being undertaken.
The University reserves the right not to make any award and/or to change the conditions of award.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The value of the scholarship is R120,000 per annum.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship will be tenable for one year. Renewal of the award will not be considered. Successful candidates will be required to complete the degree in one year
How to Apply: Applicants are required to:
- write a letter of application providing information of his/her future career objectives; Please note that the Application Letter is limited to 1 A4 page;
- submit a CV of no longer than ONE A4 page. The CV must provide detail of previous studies, any previous employment and evidence of leadership roles in both of these areas;
- attach certified copies of all academic transcripts (University only);
- attach a certified copy of SA identity document or passport;
- attach 1 letter of reference from an ACADEMIC who has taught her/him at University;
- provide a letter from the Course Convenor/Head of Department/Faculty Office indicating that she/he has, or is likely to be accepted by the department for study in 2017.
Award Provider: University of Cape Town, Prescient Securities Limited