The National University of Singapore invite applications for Post-Doctoral Fellowship positions commencing in 2017/2018. These Post-Doctoral Fellowship positions may be held generally within NUS Law or, for candidates with appropriate backgrounds and expertise, within the Centre for Asian Legal Studies (CALS), the Centre for Law & Business (CLB), and the Centre for Banking & Finance Law (CBFL).
Application Deadline: 31st December 2016
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Singapore
Selection Criteria: The selection committee will consider the following criteria in making an appointment to the position of Post-Doctoral Fellow at NUS Law:
- The applicant must be of exceptional calibre, having attained a doctoral degree in law which must have been successfully completed and examined during the period 1 January 2015 to 30 April 2017. Applicants who have not been awarded the doctoral degree by the date of application but who intend to submit their doctoral thesis for examination not later than 31 January 2017 are welcome to apply, but in these circumstances written assurance is required from the applicant’s supervisor (and endorsed by the awarding institution) that there is a reasonable expectation that the doctoral degree will be awarded. Applicant must hold a doctoral degree in law by the time of appointment.
- The principal selection criterion will be the applicant’s potential for excellence in research and the proposed programme of research of the applicant. An existing record of publication or participation in research projects are examples of evidence of such potential.
Value of Scholarship: Post-Doctoral Fellows will have the following privileges:
- Fellows will be appointed to the full-time position of Post-Doctoral Fellow at NUS Law on a one-year contract, with the possibility of renewal, and with a fixed all-in remuneration of S$78,000.
- Fellows will be reimbursed for a return economy class airfare (by the most economical and direct route) up to a maximum of S$2,000.
- Fellows will be allocated a Faculty Research and Conference Fund allowance of S$3,000.
- Fellows will be allocated shared office space at NUS Law or within CALS, CLB, and CBFL.
Duration of Scholarship: August 2017 – September 2018
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit detailed curriculum vitae, outlining their research plans for the next two years using the Application Form and provide all other relevant documents as requested. The closing date for the receipt of applications and references is 31 December 2016.
All correspondence should be addressed to Mr Arian, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore, 469G Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259776.
You may download the application form HERE
Award Provider: National University of Singapore