The Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarship is for students of the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies by distance learning who wish to begin their studies in October.
- 21st August 2017 – Deadline for scholarship applications.
- 31st August 2017 – Notification of outcome to all applicants.
- 01st October 2017 – Deadline for registration on MA programme.
- 10th October 2017 – MA programme commences.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Low or Lower Middle Income countries (LMIC)
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: The scholarship celebrates the career of the refugee law expert, Professor Goodwin-Gill, a close friend and supporter of the Refugee Law Initiative at the University of London’s School of Advanced Study.
Eligibility: To apply, you must:
- hold an offer to study the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, which you cannot pursue without financial support;
- demonstrate outstanding academic merit or potential in the field, evidenced by your past achievements.
You cannot apply if:
- you have previously applied for a Guy S. Goodwin-Gill or Sadako Ogata scholarship (unless expressly invited to reapply by the Refugee Law Initiative);
- you are a current University of London student;
- you do not yet have an offer for the MA programme.
Value of Scholarship: The award covers all module fees for the MA programme (worth £7,720) and supports outstanding students who might not be able to take the programme due to financial constraints.
It does not cover the fees charged by examination centres for sitting exams, resubmission fees, fees for switching elective modules, or any other costs not directly payable to the University (such as additional materials or electronic equipment). You must be able to meet these costs.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: Please Download application form. If you decide to apply for the scholarship then you should wait until you have received a decision on your application before completing registration.
The scholarship application is a separate process to the application for acceptance on to the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies programme. It requires applicants to detail their past achievements relevant to this field of study, professional positions held, personal information and financial situation. Applicants will also be required to provide a statement of their motivation in applying to the programme and for the scholarship.
All applications will be reviewed against the award criteria and applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications in a timely manner. However it will not be possible to provide further individual feedback on applications.
Award Provider: University of London