Ever wondered what it would be like on assignment as a travel photographer? This is your chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to India and be mentored by professional travel photographer,
Application Deadline: 18th July, 2017
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Japan
About the Award: From the neon lights of Tokyo to the traditions and temples of Kyoto, Japan is the perfect place for photography enthusiasts.
Eligibility: Your photo essay should showcase your:
- Original subject and unique perspective
- Ability to convey a compelling story
- Excellent technique and creative composition
- Understanding of the subject through your captions
Should your entry reach the final round of judging you will be asked to supply the RAW file of each photo for comparison with your submission (these may also be published online).
Selection Criteria: You’ll need to convince our judging panel through your application that you have the spirit of adventure and a passion for travel filmmaking. A good travel documentary should:
- Convey a strong narrative in English (or with English subtitles)
- Focus on a specific travel story within a 3 minute timeframe
- Show us your interviewing skills and ability to coax a good story from your subject
- Demonstrate strong filmmaking skills
- Show originality
- Be visually engaging
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Free flights: Round-trip airfare from your closest international airport to Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, India.
- Adventure gear: Travel in comfort and style with awesome outdoor adventure gear from our friends at Rode Microphones and Nomad.
- Travel insurance: As always, we’ve got your back. You’ll receive travel insurance for the duration of your trip from World Nomads.
- Learn from a pro: Capture the culture and communities of Kerala under the mentorship of professional travel filmmaker Brian Rapsey.
- Post-Production Workshop: Your trip will include a 3-day post-production workshop where you’ll edit your film, continuing your mentorship with Brian Rapsey.
- Lucky shortlisted applications will receive a copy too!
How to Apply:
Make a 3-minute documentary: Our challenge to you is to go out and interview an amazing adventurer or inspiring traveler and bring to life their compelling travel story around one of the following themes:
Upload your film to YouTube or Vimeo: Please make sure your video is publicly accessible.
Complete the application form: In 1500 characters or less tell us why you should be the scholarship recipient and what winning this opportunity would mean to you. Your answer will hold considerable weight in the judging process.
Award Provider: Nomad, Kabani
Important Notes: Once you apply, you will not be able to go back and edit your application, so please make sure you are completely satisfied with your application before you hit the submit button.