The MIT Enterprise Forum (MITEF) for the Pan Arab Region, in partnership with Community Jameel, the Corporate Social Responsibility arm of Abdul Latif Jameel, and Zain Group, a leading mobile telecom innovator across the Middle East and Africa, announces the launch of the tenth edition of the MIT Enterprise Forum Arab Startup Competition.
Application Deadline: 4th January, 2017.
To be taken at (country): Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
Informative roadshows promoting the competition will be held in Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Qatar and the UAE, and seventy nine semi-finalist teams will be announced on February 10, 2017.
Eligible Fields: As with last year’s edition, this year’s competition includes three different tracks: Ideas, Startups, and Social Entrepreneurship,
- The “MIT Enterprise Forum Arab Startup Competition” (Competition) is run by the MIT Enterprise Forum for the Pan Arab Region (MIT EF Pan Arab).
- By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all of the information that you submit is accurate and complete in every respect.
- Entering the competition and accessing our website is free of charge.
- Each team is allowed only one entry.
- Every competing entry must comprise at least one Arab national. Additional eligibility criteria are listed for each of the 4 tracks (Ideas, Startups, Social Entrepreneurship, and The Silicon Valley Program).
- To enter the competition, you must apply through our website www.mitefarab.org. You must: 1- Select the competition you want to enroll in, 2- Create an account or log in if you already have one, 3- Select the language with which you wish to fill the application form, 4- Fill out the application form, and 5- submit the application before the deadline.
- If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will be notified of your selection via an email. If you fail to respond within 48 hours of being notified, you will automatically forfeit your right to compete in the second round. If you do not provide the required information needed for the next phase of the competition within the deadline specified by the management team, you will also forfeit your right to compete in the second round.
- Any changes to the team must be communicated with our management for approval.
- Semi-finalist teams must attend the workshop, conference & the final award ceremony in person. These events are held each year in a different Arab capital. At least one member per team must attend the workshop.
- Teams are expected to work on and submit specific deliverables prior to the workshop and conference. Qualified teams are not required to pay a participation fee for any of the workshop or conference. Each of the participants is expected to pay for their own flight ticket. The MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab will be paying all other expenses for up to two members per team, including accomodation, lunch and coffee breaks, ground transportation to and from the event venue. Other members attending the event can benefit from our special rates.
- The calendar of the competition will be posted on our website, and we reserve the right to change any date at any time.
- Personal information collected about you is used for the purpose of the competition, and will not be distributed to third parties without your consent.
Selection: The semi-finalists will be invited to attend pre-bootcamp activities scheduled to take place in February and March, 2017 in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. The competition will culminate in a four-day event from April 24 to April 27, 2017, with the announcement of the competition winners scheduled to take place during the final award ceremony on April 27, 2017.
Value of Programme: USD $160,000. Each of the three tracks will award the first three ranked winners with cash prizes in addition to many other benefits including: top tier training, mentorship, coaching, media exposure, and great networking opportunities.
How to Apply: Choose a track and apply here
Award Provider: The “MIT Enterprise Forum Arab Startup Competition” (Competition) is run by the MIT Enterprise Forum for the Pan Arab Region (MIT EF Pan Arab).