Valeo launches the 4th edition of its Valeo Innovation Challenge 2017 competition, offering students from around the world and their academic teachers the opportunity to become players in automotive innovation.
Application Deadline: 12:00 noon CET on 31st January 2017.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): The prizes will be awarded in mid-October 2017 in Paris, France.
About the Award: Participants of the Valeo Innovation Challenge are required to come up with an innovation which would, between now and 2030, make the car and the way it is used more intelligent, clean, intuitive, green and fun. Comprising teams of two to five people, students from any discipline can take part by presenting a relevant, innovative project in English. The aim is to stimulate the students’ creativity, enabling them to form multidisciplinary teams.
Participants are being asked to develop bold solutions for the society of tomorrow.
The two competition categories for the Valeo Innovation Challenge are:
- Technological Innovation
- Idea for new ways of using cars
Eligibility: Eligibility for the Valeo Innovation Challenge for interested candidates:
Project must be done by teams of 2 and 5 students(and may include an academic teacher). No individual submissions are permitted
All entry submissions must be written in English.
The contest is open to students worldwide who have completed their high school education and their academic teachers (maximum of one teacher per team), with one entry per person (same name and same e-mail address).
Contest entrants must be able to travel outside their country of residence and possess, by October 2017, a passport that is still valid for six months after the date scheduled for the prize giving (October 2017).
Each team leader must plan to collate all of the original banking information and documents that will be required prior to payment of the financial support in phase 2 – creation of proof of concept (see article 12): IBAN, SWIFT numbers, letter from bank certifying that entrant is an account holder.
The following people may not enter the contest:
- Employees of the organizer, of any company that it controls, that controls it or that is under joint control with it, and their children.
- People who have been involved in organizing the contest, and their children.
- People who have a conflict of interest (especially interns, apprentices and PhD students still working for the Valeo company).
- Bold, innovative and original idea of the project (“Best Innovation” category / “Best Idea for a new way to use cars” category)(50%);
- Challenges and relevance of the problem dealt with and factoring in of society’s expectations(20%);
- Knowledge of technical / related matters(10%);
- Feasibility and construction of proof of concept(10%);
- Quality of presentation(10%).
Value of Scholarship: The 24 projects selected for the proof of concept phase will receive financial assistance in accordance with the contents of Article 12 (see in link below).
A first prize of €100,000 will be awarded on completion of the contest in each of the following categories:
- The innovation prize for the best technological innovation;
- The best idea prize for a new way to use cars.
The second prize for each in these two categories is €10,000.
How to Apply:
Candidates will be informed that their application has been received by e-mail.
It is important to read the Rules of the Competition before applying. Apply via link below.
Award Provider: Valeo