Andela Student Ambassador Programme is aimed at developing a community of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world.
Application Deadline: 26th October, 2016
About the Award: A programme aimed at engaging resourceful Student Ambassadors to lead Andela campaigns and events in their universities and communities to create awareness about Andela and contribute to the development of technology leaders in Africa.
With the fastest growing population and the highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
Being an Andela Student Ambassador requires an understanding of the Andela Fellowship, its model of operation and ethos. It takes someone who can lead, inspire others and get things done. The Andela Student Ambassador aspires to accomplish beyond what is expected and is passionate and enthusiastic about software development. As an Andela Student Ambassador, you will work with the Andela team to tailor program initiatives to campus-specific opportunities.
As an Andela Student Ambassador, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Help promote and grow our community
- Plan and host events on campus on behalf of Andela
- Act as a campus contact for Andela teams
- Help Andela better understand the culture at your university
- Enrolled in full-time undergraduate study
- Strong network with student organizations
- Must be at least a 300 level student
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Value of Programme:
- Preparation for leadership roles
- Potential for an internship with Andela, based on performance
- Observe Andela Bootcamp sessions
- Participate in Andela events
- Access to branded Andela merchandise
- Significant marketing experience
- Jumpstart your professional career
Duration of Programme: 1 year. However, Andela reserves the sole discretion to end the program earlier.
How to Apply: Please submit 2 recommendation letters (1 from faculty member and the second from prior internship experience or another faculty member) to [email protected]
Award Provider: Andela