Do you have an idea for building accountability and transparency in your community? Are you developing a new tool for civic engagement or anti-corruption? Apply to join the Accountability Incubator for a chance to receive the support you need to turn your idea into reality!
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at (country): Liberia, Mali, Pakistan or Nepal
About the Award: The Accountability Incubator is Accountability Lab’s flagship initiative to provide passionate young leaders with catalytic support to develop and implement low-cost, high-impact solutions for accountability in their communities.
- Liberia: natural resource management, specifically issues related to the accountability of mining processes;
- Mali: open government, accountability, justice, elections, and SDG16;
- Nepal: decentralization, local governance, feedback loops and the accountability of service delivery;
- Pakistan: technology for accountability or elections, ICTs to improve service delivery, ideas related to big data, and technologies to achieve SDG16.
Type: Training, Entrepreneurship
- Be under the age of 35 at the time of application;
- Be a national of and based in either Liberia, Mali, Nepal or Pakistan;
- Be willing and able to commit to at least 3 days of training every 3 months in the capital city of your country;
- Be committed to working on your idea for at least 20 hours a week until it grows to the point where it is a full-time commitment;
- Be dedicated, energetic and willing to help build an emerging global eco-system for accountability.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Programme:
Duration of Programme: The incubator is a part-time commitment, with trainings every quarter and ongoing support throughout a 2-year period.
It is important to visit the Programme Webpage before applying.
Award Provider: The Accountability Lab