The programme is targeted at providing 1000 high potential but disadvantaged young people with IT and soft skills training relevant for digital jobs and connecting them to relevant job opportunities.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2016
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Ghana
To be taken at (country): Ghana
Fields of Study:
- Introduction to ICT
- Understanding of the IT industry
- Call Centre Technology, Terminology, Structure
- Communication skills
- Customer relations
- Time management
- Self -Management
- Global and intercultural working
About the Programme: This Rockefeller Foundation project- Digital Jobs Africa has an overall objective of helping disadvantaged and (minimally skilled) unskilled young men and women, move from unemployment into employment through relevant skills development training. This is in line with the Ghana Shared Growth Development Agenda, in which human development; productivity and employment are key thematic areas.
The training will include ICT skills, communication skills, customer relations, intercultural working, time management, self-management and other relevant soft skills. Participants will be provided an opportunity for face-to-face training, guided on-the-job training, facilitated peer-to-peer learning and some professional mentoring in a state of the art training facility.
Eligibility: To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be citizens of Ghana
- Must be between 18- 30 years
- Must be only Senior,Technical or Vocational High School graduates
- Must be currently unemployed
- Ability to communicate and be instructed in English
- Available to commit to a full month of training
NB: Please note that applicants with university degree or its equivalent are not eligible.
Number of Awardees: Up to 1000
Value of Programme: Training offers unique opportunity to participants to acquire the following:
- ICT skills for digital jobs
- Practical skills for the modern workplace
- Links to careers in IT
- Introduction to Digital Entrepreneurship
Duration of Programme: Each course will be for duration of one month and successful applicants will be certified upon completion. The training is absolutely free once participants are selected
How to Apply: Applicants should please read the requirements of the application form before they apply. Kindly click here to apply
Award Provider: British Council