The Islamic Development Bank established the IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development to draw international attention to the vital role women play in developing their communities and the world.
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Member countries of Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
To be taken at (country): Prizes will be awarded during the 42nd Board of IDB Governors Meeting scheduled to take place in 1439H ( 2018G)
About the Award: The Prize aims to recognise, encourage, inspire and reward women’s participation in the socio-economic development process. The Prize is awarded during the Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.
Theme: The Theme for the 1439H/2018 Prize is “WOMEN’S CONTRIBUTION TO PROMOTING PEACE AND STABILITY”
Offered Since: 2006
Eligibility: The general criteria applied in selecting and assessing nominations for the Prize for both individuals and organizations include the following
- Impact: Individuals and organizations nominated should exhibit projects that have contributed to the improvement of the socio-economic status and well being of society.
- Creativity: Individuals and organizations nominated should have projects/activities that are outstanding, innovative and unique
- Outreach: Individuals and organizations nominated should have mechanisms for expanding their projects/activities to surrounding areas to ensure their services are offered to as many beneficiaries as possible.
- Sustainability: Individuals and organizations nominated should have projects/activities that are sustainable
Selection Criteria: The Prize is administered by the IDB through the Capacity Development Department in consultation with the IDB Women’s Advisory Panel and in collaboration with its academic advisor, Effat University. The processing of the Prize involves the following steps:
- The IDB in consultation with the IDB Women’s Advisory Panel determine the yearly theme for the Prize.
- The IDB refines the theme and topics, establishes the specific criteria of selection and develops the nomination forms.
- The IDB publicizes the Prize and receives nominations.
- An independent screening committee is established by the academic advisor to short list nominations.
- An independent Selection Committee is established by the IDB to select winners of the Prize from the short listed candidates.
- The winners are announced during the Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Contest: The Prize consists of two cash awards;
a) U.S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women
b) U.S. $ 100,000 for an organization
How to Apply: To apply, visit contest webpage (link below)
Award Provider: Islamic Development Bank