Brief description: The International Breweries Foundation Kickstart programme is open only to Nigerians from 18 to 35 who live or have their business within the South Western region.
Application Deadline: 23:59 hours 7th September, 2016.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: South Westerners in Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Osun state, Nigeria
About the Award: Season Two of IB PLC Foundation`s KICKSTART Entrepreneurship Initiative for youths between the ages of 18 – 35 has been scheduled for commencement on August 8, this year.
This comes fresh from the heels of a very successful Season: 1 that saw 25 lucky winners receive grants to kick start their business dreams and ideas. IB PLC Foundation, a subsidiary of SABMiller wants to keep its promise of fulfilling dreams and support young and brilliant minds on how to get employed, generate employment and create wealth for themselves through its KickStart programme. The programme was first launched in Ibadan – Oyo State, a major commercial hub in the South West of Nigeria on the 6th of August, 2015 to a rousing reception.
Offered Since: 2015
Type: Entrepreneurship competition
- The competition is open ONLY to South Westerners of 18 to 35 years who live or have their business within the South Western region.
- Applicants must be at least 18 and at most 35 years with valid identification (e.g National I.D; Drivers Licence; International Passport; Voters Registration, etc.) as at the last day of the application period.
- He or she must be willing to operate the business on a full-time basis.
- Have an innovative business idea in need of a start-up capital.
- Or already have an existing small businesses needing capital to expand operations.
- Energetic and entrepreneurial in approach.
- Must be able to read and write.
Selection Criteria: A number of top entries will be selected based on the merit and quality of their business case by a team of seasoned judges. Each form will be scored against the “Screening Sheet”. The sheet will be used to grade and rank all submitted application form, the score gotten from the submission will be debated upon by the judges to ensure alignment and common ratings. For clarity of purpose and fairness to all applicants, the Screening sheet is an internal document. Scores are not shared externally.
Number of Awardees: up to 25
Value of Competition: At the grand event, winners will be announced and presented with their prizes. It will be a high profile event with government functionaries and business persons in attendance.
Duration of Competition: Successful applicants will then undergo an intensive business training sessions for one (1) week.
The modules for the training will include:
- Human Resources
- Business Plan Writing
- Book Keeping
- Income Statements
At the end of the training, applicants will be given one month to write the final competing business plan which will be submitted in person at the Head Office in Ilesha, Osun State.
How to Apply: Interested individuals should download the application form here www.ibpkickstart.com
Award Provider: IBPLC