Call for submissions for the Uganda Press Photo Award for all photojournalists and photographers 2017.
Application Deadline: 1st September, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Uganda
To be taken at (country): Uganda
Eligible Categories: News, Daily Life, Creative, Portrait, Sports, Nature & Story.
About the Award: The 6th Edition of the Uganda Press Photo Award annual photo contest is officially open for your submissions and we wish to invite all Ugandan photojournalists and photographers to participate by submitting their best images.
Offered Since: 2011
- The Ugandan Press Photo Award will accept published and unpublished photographs.
- The contest is restricted to Ugandan citizens, 18 years of age or older.
- All entries must have been taken between September 1st 2016 and September 1st 2017, and must be submitted by September 1st 2017. This will be confirmed via EXIF data.
- Each entrant can submit up to 3 single images for 3 different categories and up to 2 stories. For each story a minimum of 4, and a maximum of 10 photographs should be submitted.
- Entry is free.
- In each category, the jury will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd photograph(s). Prizes will be awarded for each place.
- One photograph will be selected as the Uganda Press Photo of the year and the author of that photograph will receive the main prize.
- The jury reserves the right not to award any or all prizes. All decisions by the jury will be final.
- By entering the competition the photographer confirms that they own the rights to all the images they enter into this competition, or if they are an employee of a media organization they have all necessary permissions from their organization, and grant the competition organisers permission to reproduce any submitted images for the purposes of promoting this competition, including but not limited to website, posters and catalogue.
- Winning entries will be printed and will form part of an exhibition.
- Members of Foreign Correspondents’ Association of Uganda (FCAU), the judging panel and any family members cannot enter the contest.
- FCAU, Friedrich-Ebert-Fundation (FES) and the judging panel will not enter into dialogue with entrants.
- With the submission the photographer agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
- Only photographs in digital form will be accepted. There should be no watermarks, identifying marks or names of authors written on the photographs.
- Each photograph has to be saved as highest quality jpg, at 300 dpi, minimum 3000 pixels on the longer side.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will not be accepted. Only minimal adjustments are allowed. The organizers reserve the right to ask for unedited images.
- All photographs should include a caption (short description of who, what, where, when, why. Not more than 50 words per photograph. Include when and where the photograph was first published.) in the EXIF data/metadata.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Competition: The overall winner will receive the grand prize of a CANON EOS 7D MARK II DSLR camera sponsored by Canon. There will be other prizes for the runners up.
Duration of Competition: One month
How to Apply: Upload and Submit your photos here
Award Provider: Uganda Press Photo Award (UPPA)