A position as postdoc is available at the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo in the Group for Chromatin and Structural Biology from the 1st August, 2017.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All countries
To be taken at (country): Norway
Eligible Field of Study: Molecular Medicine (specifically Chromatin and Structural Biology)
About the Award: The Group for Structural Biology and Chromatin (Sekulic group) investigates chromatin biology and epigenetics with a biochemical and structural approach. The project aims at understanding changes in chromatin during mitosis and kinetochore formation. We use various biochemical and biophysical approaches (X-ray crystallography, SAXS, SANS, hydrogen-deuterium exchange …). In addition, we collaborate with cell biology groups to link structure with function.
A three-year position is available from August 2017 but earlier starting date can also be accommodated.We seek highly motivated individuals with an excellent track record and experience in protein purification and biophysical and biochemical characterization of proteins and protein complexes. Knowledge of chromatin and structural biology and mass spec techniques is an advantage. We offer stimulating environment with excellent working and social benefits.
Type: Post doctorate research
- A PhD’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology or a related area
- Hands-on experience with purification of proteins and assembly of protein complexes
- Excellent written and oral English
- Ability to operate as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to independently perform experiments, analyze and interpret the results
- Documented ability to write scientific manuscripts (one or more first author papers from PhD studies will be highly valued)
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Fellowship: The postdoctoral position will be placed as SKO 1352 (position code) postdoctoral research fellow with salary level NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year, depending on qualifications.
Duration of Fellowship: 2 years and 6 months
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter stating motivation and research interests
- A complete list of scientific publications
- List of references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
UiO has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o.
Note that no one can be appointed for more than one specified period at the same institution.
Award Provider: The University of Oslo
Important Notes: The University of Oslo has a goal of recruiting more women in academic positions. Women are encouraged to apply. The University of Oslo also has a goal of recruiting ethnic minorities to Norway in academic positions.