Applications are on for one of the two TED Fellows Programme’s two application cycles: TED Fellowships.
- Opening date: 18th July 2017
- Closing date: 10th September, 2017
Offered annually? Biannual
Eligible Countries: Global
To be taken at (country): Vancouver, Canada
About the Award: The TEDGlobal Fellowships is designed to bring together young trailblazers from a variety of fields who have shown unusual accomplishment and courage. Instead of business people, professionals, policy wonks and government officials, the TED Fellows program focuses on doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, NGO heads, and human rights activists.
Twenty fellows will be selected to attend the TED Global conference to be held Aug. 27 to 30, 2017. Participants will also have the opportunity to attend pre-conference programs with training by speakers.
- In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are two very important traits the TED Fellows programme looks for in every potential TED Fellow. More than anything, this focus on character has defined the success of the TED Fellows program.
- Candidates may apply to attend either TED or TEDGlobal.
- Anyone over the age of 18 is welcome to apply
Selection Criteria: TED Fellows are selected by the program staff, with extensive reference checking and consultation with experts across all fields. Selections are made by the group as a whole, not by individuals.
There is no algorithm for how we select our TED Fellows. We select Fellows based on their accomplishments in their respective fields, the potential impact of their work and also, most importantly, their character. The ideal applicant is multidisciplinary in their pursuits, and is at a moment in their career to maximize the support of the TED Community.
Number of Awardees: Twenty(20)
Value of Fellowship:
- TED pays for round-trip economy airfare, ground transportation to and from the conference location, meals and shared accommodation on site.
- The TED Fellowship programme has the ability to slingshot candidate’s career forward.
- As a Fellow, the candidate will be introduced into a powerful network of innovators that can be future collaborators.
- By attending and speaking at the TED Conference, candidate will not only have the ability to spread their message far and wide, but will also meet people who may be able to help your career.
- Aside from the conference, Fellows have access to personal mentorship opportunities and speaker coaching following conference participation.
- Once you are selected as a TED Fellow all flights (or equivalent) to and from the TED conference, any visa needs, room, board + food while at the conference, and a conference pass will be covered.
Duration of Fellowship: A 5 day stage program from April 10th-14th 2018. Also, one-year commitment that is centered around a TED Conference. However, “once a Fellow, always a Fellow”
How to Apply: Visit Award webpage to apply
Award Provider: TED