Application Deadline: December 31, 2016 (see specific deadline for African cities below)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Africa, Asia, Latin America, CEE and MENA
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
Brief description: Seedstars World offers exclusive and global startup competition to promote, connect and invest up to $1.5mn for Entrepreneurs in emerging markets in 60 countries
Area of Interest: Entrepreneurship in any field
About the Award
For its fourth edition, Seedstars World will be on the ground in over 65 countries across Asia, Africa, LatAm, CEE and MENA to find the best seed-stage startup. Companies less than two years old, MVP ready, thinking global and with less than $500k raised so far can apply to become the 2016 Global Winner!
Offered Since: Not specified
- Maximum 2 years since founding date
- Maximum USD 0.5m funding
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
At each Local Event, the top 10-15 pre-selected startups are invited to pitch in front of an expert jury and quality audience to determine the winner. The event brings together key entrepreneurs, investors, corporates and institutions from the local ecosystem combined with a unique global Seedstars World flavour. The winner of each Local Event gets a free trip to the Final Event and loads of cool tech prizes.
The winner of each Local Event will be invited to Switzerland to represent his startup and country at the global finals. The Final Event is a weeklong adventure consisting of a bootcamp, international conference and investor forum. It’s an amazing chance to meet with investors, build a global network and grow your business.
Number of Awardees: several with on grand winner
Value of Award
- Equity investment:There is a prize package consisting of USD1mn in equity investment and more in cash and in-kind prizes. You’ll be exposed to VCs, corporates and angels searching for investment opportunities. Maximum USD 0.5m funding
- Coverage & Prestige:All Seedstars World events are heavily covered by local and international press with around 500 articles on Seedstars last year. Represent your country at the worldwide Seedstars Summit in front of an international audience.
- Partnerships & Family:Join the close knit Seedstars Family of talented entrepreneurs in 65+ countries. Find potential partners and business opportunities through the community and at the various events.
- Learn & Grow:We hand pick top-quality mentors from all over the world with experience in relevant industries. Benefit from the knowledge of corporate leaders, serial entrepreneurs, accelerator directors and investors.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 days for the Local Event + 7 days if you are selected for the Seedstars Summit (includes: online application, preparing for pitching event, coaching, traveling and attending the events).
Application deadline: Go to Seedstars website below to see specific deadline for each African city
How to Apply
- Step 1: Make sure you have a venture profile published on VC4Africa platform with your most recent pitch deck attached.
- Step 2: Apply to one of the 15 local events in Africa through the online form.
Award Provider: Seedstars World
Important Notes: You must be prepared to talk about your startup in public. Pitch and application documents must be in English or you must provide a translator. Your startup can be from any sector but must be for profit.